Making basil oil is so simple, trust me you’ll want to drizzle it all over your chicken, fish, tomatoes, vegetables or with some crusty bread!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, stemmed and washed
- ¼ cup DeLallo extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the basil, water, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes in a mini-food processor and pulse a few times. Add the olive oil and blend until you have smooth sauce.
- Use immediately or refrigerate. Flavors are even more intense the next day. Refrigerate for up to 2 to 3 days.