Bacon Chicken Wrapped Mozzarella Sticks
Dominate the appetizer game with these bacon & chicken wrapped mozzarella sticks ?!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 cups (450 g) ketchup
- 1 cup (260 g) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (240 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ cup (110 g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 8 sticks mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, for serving
- Make the marinade: In a medium dish or bowl, combine the ketchup, tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, mustard, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Set aside ½ cup (130 g) of the mixture for the glaze and another ½ cup (130 g) for the dip.
- Butterfly the chicken tenders. Place a large sheet of plastic wrap over them and gently use a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten the chicken to about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thickness.
- Remove the plastic wrap and place the chicken tenders in a the remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator. Wrap a chicken tender around a mozzarella cheese stick. Take a strip of bacon and spiral it around the tender. Repeat with remaining chicken tenders.
- Place the chicken tenders on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy. Flip tenders halfway through.
- Remove the tenders from the oven and generously brush with reserved glazed. Bake for another 10 minutes or until completely crisp.
- Remove from the oven, top with chopped parsley, and serve with reserved dip