Apple Pie Muffins
Apple Pie Muffins recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 teaspoon butter, for greasing
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour (310 g)
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar (330 g)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup applesauce (130 g)
- ½ cup plain yogurt (120 g)
- 1 cup apple juice (240 mL)
- ½ cup all purpose flour (60 g)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (110 g)
- 4 oz unsalted butter (110 g)
- ¼ cup rolled oats (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 g)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter.
- Make the muffin batter: In a large bowl, combine the flour, apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla, egg, applesauce, plain yogurt, and apple juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Make the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Divide the muffin batter between the cups of the muffin tin. Top each muffin with 1 tablespoon of the crumble topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
- Make the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze on top of the muffins.