Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
Serious peanut butter lovers only.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 box devil's food cake, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 c. peanut butter, melted
- 1 c. chopped Reese's
- 1 c. Reese's pieces
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1-2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Bake cake: Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9-x-13” pan with parchment paper. Prepare cake batter according to package instructions and pour into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cake cool completely.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over cake. Then pour melted peanut butter over the entire cake, filling the holes. Set aside.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together peanut butter and butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in cream to loosen frosting, if needed.
- Spread frosting all over the top of the cake. Top with chopped Reese’s and Reese’s Pieces.
Watch the recipe video here:
You have to see what this Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake looks like inside. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/6SzYlOV
Posted by Delish on Tuesday, September 19, 2017