Twice Baked Cauliflower with Bacon
Awesome substitute for mashed potatoes and a great way to get kids to eat their veggies!!!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Soup
- cooking spray
- 2 (20 ounce) bags frozen cauliflower
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a large, square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in microwave oven until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Blend cauliflower in a food processor until smooth; add sour cream, yogurt, and butter and process again until smooth.
- Mix blended cauliflower mixture in a bowl with ¾ cup Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, chives, garlic, and black pepper; spread into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven on the middle rack until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Switch oven to 'broil' and continue baking until the top is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes more.