Stuffed Rigatoni Poppers
These stuffed rigatoni poppers are going to be your new favorite appetizer!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 16 oz (455 g) rigatoni, 1 box
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb (455 g) ground beef
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (115 g) bread crumbs
- fresh parsley, for serving
- shredded parmesan cheese, for serving
- marinara sauce, warm for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat, season with a teaspoon of salt, then add the rigatoni.
- Stir and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and stir to coat. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, remaining teaspoon of salt, the pepper, oregano, parsley, onion, garlic, and mozzarella. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the beef mixture into a zip top bag, seal the bag, and cut the corner to create a small opening.
- Pipe the beef mixture into one side of the rigatoni, then flip and pipe the other side to fill.
- Place the filled rigatoni on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate medium bowls.
- Take a rigatoni and roll it in the flour to coat, shake off any excess flour. Dip the rigatoni in the egg with a fork. Finally, roll the rigatoni in the bread crumbs until coated. Repeat with the remaining rigatoni.
- Fry the rigatoni poppers 4 at a time until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on a wire rack or over paper towels.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and Parmesan.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Watch the recipe video here:
These stuffed rigatoni poppers are going to be your new favorite appetizer 😍!FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/stuffed-rigatoni-poppers
Posted by Tasty on Monday, April 2, 2018