The Perfect Cinnamon Roll Icing
After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy. Mix in the vanilla and milk, then gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth and fluffy.