The Best One-Bowl Brownies
The Best One-Bowl Brownies recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks (230 g)
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips, divided (260 g)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (300 g)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (155 g)
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder (40 g)
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Add the butter and 1 cup (175 g) of chocolate chips to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1½ minutes, then let sit for 3 minutes before whisking together.
- Add the granulated and brown sugars, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the eggs until fully combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and fold in with a spatula. Add the remaining chocolate chips and fold to incorporate.
- Line a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool completely before cutting.