Sweet Macaroni Salad
A sweet out-of-the-ordinary dressing makes this homemade macaroni salad special. My aunt gave me the recipe and it has become one of my favorites. I occasionally leave out the green pepper if I know that people don't like it ... and it still tastes great.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni and vegetables. Whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth and sugar is dissolved; stir into macaroni mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.