Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
A dessert-type muffin that disappears in minutes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon half of batter into muffin cups. Top each portion with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon jam. Spoon remaining muffin batter on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins and cool on rack. Store in airtight container.
Watch the recipe video here:
Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins: https://trib.al/Qowsl8X