Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy
- In a medium sized pan/skillet, fry the garlic in a small amount of olive oil (or cooking oil spray), until just fragrant (about 30-60 seconds) over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; add the garlic to a small bowl; set pan/skillet aside.
- Add the ricotta cheese, spinach, parmesan cheese, salt/pepper and Italian herbs to the pan-fried garlic and mix until well combined.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Divide the ricotta mixture in half and spread it on the un-buttered sides of two slices of bread; divide the mozzarella cheese in half and add it over the ricotta mixture; top with remaining bread - buttered side up (to create a sandwich).
- Return the pan/skillet to the stove over medium heat and place the sandwiches in the pan. Cook, turning once, until the cheese has melted and both sides are golden brown (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Sprinkle with extra Italian herbs and serve with the pasta sauce (optional)