Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
A perfect summer lunch panini made with eggplant, tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto on crispy French bread.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place the eggplant slices on a paper towel and season with salt; set aside about 30 minutes. This will help draw some of the moisture out of the eggplant.
- Pat the eggplant dry with paper towels.
- Preheat panini grill.
- Lightly spritz eggplant with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is hot, grill eggplant about 7-8 minutes, turning once half way through.
- Set aside.
- Slice the bread open and place 3 slices of grilled eggplant, 1 slice of mozzarella, 1/2 tablespoon of pesto, and 2 slices of tomatoes on each sandwich.
- Close and lightly spray the top of the bread with oil.
- Place on a panini press and close until the cheese melts and the bread is toasted.
- Cut in half diagonally and eat immediately.