Spicy Cheese (Foot)Ball
Warning! You will not be able to stop eating this flavor-packed cheese ball! It's just so good, and when shaped to form a football, makes the perfect party appetizer for your game day party.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 8 ounces packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with habanero or jalapeno peppers (3 ounces) (reserve 5 shreds of cheese for football laces at the end)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded if desired, and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- Assorted veggie dippers such as carrots, cucumbers, celery, and/or sweet peppers
- In a large bowl beat together the first 10 ingredients (through the cayenne) until well combined. Cover and chill 30 to 60 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball and coat in bacon. Transfer to a serving platter. Shape into a football shape. Decorate with reserved cheese shreds to look like football laces. Serve with assorted crackers and veggie dippers.
Watch the recipe video here:
Spicy Cheese (Foot)Ball ? via Better Homes & Gardens: https://trib.al/7NII2Re
Posted by Allrecipes on Thursday, January 31, 2019