Everybody's favorite easy dinner gets a beautiful sushi makeover!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 (16-ounce) box spaghetti
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups mini meatballs
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water to al dente, following the instructions on the package. Lay the pasta out on a sushi mat in perfect lines, pressing gently to allow the pasta to adhere together. Trim the ends so you have a neat shape then cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the marinara sauce, ricotta cheese and Parmesan. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the meatballs in olive oil. Set aside and allow them to cool slightly.
- To assemble: Uncover the pasta, spread the cheese mixture over the top third, place a line of meatballs and carefully roll the sushi mat over. Pull slightly to tighten the roll. Cut into slices and place upright like sushi.
- Garnish with fresh basil, sea salt and black pepper with a side of olive oil for dipping.
Watch the recipe video here:
*Dodges roma tomatoes*Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2ttloDm
Posted by Tastemade on Sunday, July 1, 2018