Simple Spaghetti And Meatballs
Here's a great, simple recipe for delicious spaghetti and meatballs! How do you make yours at home?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Spaghetti
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup panko
- ¾ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Parmesan, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Add the crushed tomatoes, butter, onion, and salt to a pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Lower the heat and cook for 45 minutes, until the onions are soft and starting to break apart..
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, ground pork, panko, Parmesan, egg, garlic, onion, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and parsley until fully combined.
- Take a golf ball-sized handful of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining meat.
- Bake the meatballs for 16 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook the spaghetti according to the packaging instructions.
- Transfer the cooked meatballs to the sauce, and spoon over the pasta. Top with 8. Parmesan, and enjoy!