Pumpkin Spice Latte Rolls
It's not too late for pumpkin spice, ESPECIALLY if it looks like this ?!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups whole milk, warm to the touch
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 5 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt, to taste
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup coffee
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Generously butter two cast-iron pans or disposable foil cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together warm milk, melted butter, and sugar. The mixture should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F (37-43˚C). If it is hotter, allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm milk mixture and let set for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups (500g) of flour to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size.
- Remove the towel and add an additional ¾ cup (95g) of flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well, then turn out onto a well-floured surface.
- Knead the dough lightly, adding additional flour as necessary, until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch (1 cm) thick. Fix corners to make sure they are sharp and even.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice mix, and stir well.
- Spread the mixture onto the rolled dough.
- Roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Trim off any unevenness on either end.
- Cut the log in half, then divide each half into 7 evenly sized pieces, about 1½ inches (4 cm) thick.
- Place 7 cinnamon rolls in each skillet or cake pan, one in the center, six around the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the frosting, in a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, coffee, and milk until smooth.
- Remove plastic wrap, and bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While still warm, drizzle evenly with frosting.
Watch the recipe video here:
pumpkin spiced latte cinnamon roll
It's not too late for pumpkin spice, ESPECIALLY if it looks like this ?!FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/pumpkin-spice-latte-rollsShop our favorite cast iron skillet here: http://bzfd.it/2zFtZ6Q(Just so you know, we'll make some money if you use this link.)
Posted by Tasty on Thursday, November 30, 2017