- 1 ½ lb (680 g) pizza dough
- 3 cups (375 g) rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 oz (230 g) pesto, 1 jar
- 2 cups (200 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cut pizza dough into eighths. (Each ball of dough should yield 8 even-sized pieces of dough, for a total of 16).
- Using your hands, roll each piece of dough into a thin strip about 7 inches (18cm) long. Then carefully tie them into a knot, tucking the loose ends of dough underneath.
- Place each tied knot on a baking sheet or casserole dish with high sides, nestling them close together in a 4x4 in (10x10-cm) grid. Once all the knots are placed in the dish, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Uncover and bake for 12 minutes or until the slider buns are golden brown and no doughy grey bits remain.
- Once the knots are out of the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Allow the knots to cool, carefully remove them from the baking dish and cut the grid horizontally,creating both a top and bottom piece.
- NOTE: It’s helpful to hold the knots together with a towel on top while cutting them horizontally, as the motion of the knife might cause some of them to pull apart.
- Return the bottom half of the knot-grid to the original baking dish. Evenly layer the bread with cooked chicken, followed by the pesto and mozzarella cheese. Place the top half of the garlic knots on top.
- Mix together melted butter, garlic, and parsley. Brush mixture liberally over the top of the knots.
- Bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for an additional 10 minutes until the tops of the knots are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Pull apart for individual sliders.
Watch the recipe video here:
Pesto Chicken Garlic Knot SlidersFULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/2kS8Sb8Love Tasty? Join our exclusive research panel and help us make it better! (U.S. only)Click here: https://bzfd.it/2MNGjZN
Posted by Tasty on Saturday, June 30, 2018