Pepperoni Pizza Braid
This easy, cheese-stuffed twist on pizza night makes a great dinner or fun game day appetizer.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- ¼ cup pizza sauce (from 14-oz jar)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- ½ cup pepperoni slices (2 oz) (about 27 slices)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- Unroll dough on cookie sheet. Press into 13x8-inch rectangle; if using crescent rolls, firmly press perforations to seal. Spread pizza sauce in 3½-inch-wide strip lengthwise down center of dough all the way to ends. Layer half the pepperoni slices and cheese over sauce; repeat.
- Make cuts 1 inch apart on each side of rectangle just to edge of filling. Alternating from side to side, fold cut strips of dough at an angle halfway across filling, slightly overlapping ends.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Serve with additional pizza sauce, if desired.