Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 c. chopped Andes
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add egg and peppermint and mix until fully combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and green food coloring and mix until just combined and the dough is green to your liking. Fold in chopped Andes.
- Using a small cooking scoop, from small balls and place on baking sheets about 2" apart. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until the cookies are puffed and set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.