- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 oz chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, optional for topping
- Make the crepes by melting the butter and allowing it to brown slightly. Set aside.
- In the same pot, warm the milk. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, and sugar. Mix in eggs.
- Gradually mix in butter and warm milk. Chill.
- On a nonstick skillet over medium heat, pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of crepe batter, and tip the pan to cover the entire bottom surface. Cook until bottom surface of crepe begins to brown, then flip.
- Cool crepe. Repeat until all of the crepe batter is used.
- Stack crepes on top of each other, with whipped cream between each layer. Once assembled, trim edges for a cleaner look, if desired.
- For the ganache, bring the heavy cream and sugar to a boil, and pour over chocolate and butter. Let cool.
- Spread over the crepe cake.
- Top with sifted powdered sugar (optional).