Mango-Stuffed Sticky Rice Balls
Mango-stuffed sticky rice balls are a delicious spin on the traditional dessert! 😍 🥭
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 cups sweet glutinous rice, rinsed (600 g)
- 3 ¾ cups water (900 mL)
- 3 mangoes
- 1 ¼ cups coconut cream, unsweetened (300 mL)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot over high heat, combine the rice and water. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Stir, re-cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and set aside.
- On a cutting board, cut a mango ¼-inch (6-mm) away from the stem on both sides. Take one side of the mango and make 3-4 cuts vertically and horizontally to create a grid. Put pressure on the skin side of the mango so the mango cubes pop out. Cut off all of the cubes of mango. Repeat with the rest of the mangoes. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the coconut cream, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover for 10 minutes. Once sauce has thickened slightly, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of rice onto the plastic wrap. Push the rice against the sides of the bowl to create an even layer. Place 3 cubes of mango inside the rice. Using the plastic wrap, form the rice into a ball and twist the plastic wrap tightly. Unwrap and repeat with the rest of the rice and mango.
- Arrange the rice balls in a pile and pour the coconut cream sauce over them. Serve immediately.