Chicken Parm Roll-Ups
Meet your new favorite way to eat chicken parm.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 2 c. Italian or panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- 8 cooked lasagna noodles
- container ricotta
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay cooked lasagna noodles flat, in an even layer, on a greased baking sheet.
- Bread chicken. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Put flour and breadcrumbs in two separate medium bowls. Whisk together two eggs in a third separate bowl. Working in batches, dredge chicken in the flour then dip in eggs. Toss in breadcrumbs for the final dredge.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until golden-brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into small bite-size pieces, about ½” cubes.
- Meanwhile, make filling. Whisk together ricotta, remaining egg, garlic powder and ½ cup Parmesan. Spread ricotta mixture onto each lasagna noodle, then spoon marinara sauce over the ricotta. Top with cooked chicken and mozzarella then roll up tightly.
- In a large deep baking dish, spoon a layer of marinara on bottom of dish. Add the roll-ups and spoon more sauce onto each roll-up. Sprinkle more mozzarella and Parmesan over each roll up. Bake until bubbly and melted, about 20 minutes
- Let cool 10 minutes, then garnish with parsley.