Lemon Cupcake with Blackberry Buttercream
A simple from-scratch lemon cupcake has blackberry buttercream frosting. This cupcake is a refreshing hit! Garnish each cupcake with a blackberry or a pinch of lemon zest.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup seedless blackberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cream sugar and ½ cup butter in the bowl of a stand mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and mix 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract into mixture with the second egg.
- Beat in flour and baking powder until thoroughly combined; beat in milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest to make a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcake edges are slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes completely.
- Beat 1 cup butter with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and salt until smooth and creamy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, to make a creamy frosting. Beat in blackberry jam. Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.
Watch the recipe video here:
Lemon Cupcake with Blackberry Buttercream: https://trib.al/z62prpM