Jalapeño Popper Hasselback Potatoes
Hasselback potatoes have domino-like slots that are perfect for filling with delicious things like bacon and cheese. These have been topped with a creamy and cheesy jalapeño popper sauce which when heated seeps deep into the slots!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 7 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Sliced Cheddar cheese
- 12 rashers cooked bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ¾ cup cream
- 6 jalapeños, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Cut parallel lines down the length of the potatoes - you can use two wooden spoons laid next to the potato as a guide to stop you cutting all the way through if you need to.
- Lay the potatoes in a greased skillet and brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 45minutes to 1 hour or until the potatoes are fanned out.
- Meanwhile mix together cream cheese, cream, jalapeños, grated cheeses, salt and pepper until combined.
- Fill each slot alternating a slice of cheddar and a slice of bacon.Top each potato with jalapeño cheese mix.
- Cover with foil/parchment and bake for 20 minutes and then remove covering and bake for an additional 5 minutes.