Jalapeño Popper Egg Rolls
A jalapeño popper like you've never seen before.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 jalapeños, ends and seeds removed
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, bacon and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and stir until fully combined.
- Using a butter knife or small spoon, stuff jalapeños with cheese mixture. Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and add stuffed pepper. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil (it should reach 1" up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Serve with ranch dressing on the side, for dipping.