Instant Pot Best Salisbury Steak
It’s the perfect weeknight recipe idea to serve to your family.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1½ lbs ground beef, preferably 93% lean
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed (or 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dijon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the Steak Mixture ingredients just until uniform. Do not overmix. Shape into 6 patties and let rest for at least 10 minutes for breadcrumbs to absorb flavor.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the Sauce Mixture ingredients.
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter melts, brown the steaks on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. Meat may not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot–you will have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the pot and saute until onions begin to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Layer the steaks back into to the pot on top of the vegetables.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the steaks from the pot to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil, reserving juices.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the pot until thickened, returning to SAUTE mode as needed. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve the steak topped with gravy over noodles, spaghetti squash or mashed potatoes.
Watch the recipe video here:
It’s the perfect weeknight recipe idea to serve to your family.RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-best-salisbury-steak/