Instant Pot Bacon BBQ Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
This one-pot meal is everything you need for a hearty dinner.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 pounds yellow potatoes, skin on, quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ pounds ground beef (preferably 93% or leaner)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 tsp each kosher salt, pepper
- ½ cup honey bbq sauce
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup honey bbq sauce
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Additional cooked and crumbled bacon for garnish
- Place potatoes in the bottom of the pot in an even layer. Add the bay leaf and chicken broth. Place the steam rack on top of the potatoes.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine the Meatloaf Mixture ingredients.
- Gently press the meatloaf into a 6-cup bundt pan (we love this one: https://amzn.to/2RNympZ) and cover loosely with foil–do not seal.
- Use a foil sling to lower the bundt pan on to the steam rack, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 22 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure. Remove the bundt pan and brush the top with ¼ cup bbq sauce, then set under broiler for 5-7 minutes until sauce is bubbly and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, remove bay leaf and add half-and-half, butter, garlic powder and salt and pepper to the pot. Mash to your desired texture.
- Slice the meatloaf, top with additional crumbled bacon. Serve with the potatoes.