Homemade Apple Cider
You can make apple cider with no added sugar in your crock pot! 🍎
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 granny smith apples, sliced
- 4 red delicious apples, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons whole allspice
- 1 ½ tablespoons whole clove
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cups water (1.9 L)
- Place fruit and spices into a slow cooker.
- Add 8 cups of water.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Uncover the slow cooker, and mash the softened fruit with a potato masher.
- Cover again and cook on low for 1-2 hours.
- Strain out fruit and spices from the slow cooker into a cheesecloth in a bowl.
- Wait about 20-30 minutes for the cheesecloth to cool. Squeeze out cider from cheesecloth into the bowl. Pour the cider back into the slow cooker.
- Serve warm.