Grilled Cheese Brunch Bake
Grilled cheese + bacon + eggs!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 18 slices white bread
- 6 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 slices deli ham
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milksalt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread an even layer of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Place 6 slices of bread mayonnaise-side down in a single layer at the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top each slice of bread with 1 slice of Cheddar cheese. Cover with 6 more slices of bread, mayonnaise-side up.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the shredded Cheddar cheese on top. Arrange slices of ham on top; cover with another ¼ of the shredded Cheddar cheese. Repeat with bacon slices, covering with another ¼ of the shredded Cheddar cheese. Arrange last 6 slices of bread, mayonnaise-side up, on top.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Pour evenly over bread in the casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until cheese is bubbly and golden, 5 to 10 minutes more.