Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bars
You don't need a cream cheese glaze on top with this cheesecake-y filling. But then again, if you're already making these bars, you might as well go all out.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 tubes pre-made cinnamon roll dough
- 2 packages cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unroll a tube of cinnamon roll dough and use a rolling pin to flatten it out to to roughly the size of a 9"-x-9" baking dish. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of the baking dish, then place the flattened dough on top. You may need to use your fingers to spread it out further.
- Combine cream cheese, egg, sugar, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl, whipping until light and fluffy, then spread mixture on top of cinnamon roll dough.
- Open the second tube of cinnamon roll dough. Cut each cinnamon roll in half width-wise, creating shorter, squatter rolls. Place on top of the cheesecake spread, so rolls are touching one another. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes, or until rolls are lightly golden.
- Drizzle with frosting from cinnamon roll packages, if desired. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into bars.