Christmas Breakfast Eggs Benedict
Eggs Benny for Christmas anyone?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoon Frank’s Classic Yellow Mustard
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 4 english muffins
- Frank’s Classic Yellow Mustard
- 8 rashers of bacon, cooked
- 8 eggs
- ½ bunch parsley + a pinch of black pepper to garnish
- Firstly make the hollandaise sauce. You can make this hollandaise really easily in a blender - It’s best to make just before serving. Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, Frank’s Classic Yellow Mustard in the blender and blend until mixed together.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat, you want it to be completely melted but not boiling hot.
- With the blender running slowly add the melted butter to the egg yolk mix. Keep pouring in the butter in a slow, steady stream until it is all added. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Once the hollandaise is ready you are ready to prep the rest
- Toast the muffins and poach the eggs. To get the perfect eggs heat water in a shallow pan until it is at a gentle boil. Give it a gentle whirl with a slotted spoon, and then drop the eggs in. Poach until the white is set and the yolk has a little wobble to it.
- Build your eggs benedict by spreading the toasted muffins with a generous dollop of Frank’s Classic Yellow Mustard. Then add the crispy bacon, followed by a poached egg on each muffin half. Finally pour over some of the creamy hollandaise, and finish with some cracked black pepper and a few sprigs of fresh parsley.