Chocolate Lava Cookies
These chewy chocolate lava cookies hide an oh-so-rich, ooey-gooey chocolate center.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup sugar, plus ½ cup for dusting
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12-ounce jar) hot fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugars with a hand-held mixer. Add eggs one at a time, and stir in vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop approximately ¼ cup of dough in your hand and flatten. Pour approximately ½ teaspoon of hot fudge sauce in the center and wrap dough around it to form a ball. Repeat steps until all dough is used.
- Toss dough balls in sugar, and bake for 6 to 8 minutes until set. Cool cookies on a rack and serve immediately. Beware of hot chocolate lava!