Boozy cupcakes are way better than non-boozy cupcakes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ c. Rumchata, divided
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 muffin tins with 16 cupcake liners. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and 1 cup Rumchata until smooth. Bake until a toothpick comes out with minimal crumbs, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Make Rumchata frosting: In a large bowl, combine butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and remaining ⅓ cup Rumchata. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth. Add the remaining 2 cups powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and garnish with more cinnamon and a decorative straw.