Cherry-Cream Cheese Crumb Cake Bombs
You’ve never had crumb cake like this before! These bite-sized breakfast bombs start by stuffing Pillsbury™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cherry preserves and cream cheese, then topping them with a homemade crumb topping for a morning treat that rivals any bakery.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (8 rolls)
- 3 tablespoons cherry preserves or jam
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, stir cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Set aside. In another small bowl, using fork or pastry blender, mix melted butter, 4 tablespoons of the flour and the granulated sugar until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Place remaining 1 tablespoon flour off to the side, on work surface. Dip cinnamon-coated side of each roll into flour; shake off excess. With cinnamon side up, press each roll into 3½-inch round. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the preserves in center of each roll; top with 1 rounded teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Bring edges of each roll up over filling; pinch edges tightly to seal. Place rolls, pinched side down, in muffin cups.
- In small bowl, beat egg and water with fork. Brush egg mixture over top of each roll. Sprinkle 1 rounded tablespoon of the crumb topping on each roll; slightly press into dough.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove cake bombs from pan; place on cooling rack.
- Place icing from can into 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut small hole in bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle icing over cake bombs. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.