Cheesy Beef Stroganoff Sliders
Beef Stroganoff is a very popular dish traditionally served with egg noodles. Rich and slightly creamy with a tang of sour cream, the beef gets tender along with mushrooms and onions. Serving stroganoff as cheesy sliders is great for a crowd and party!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 sirloin steaks, sliced thinly against the grain
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 12 soft white slider buns
- 24 Sliced mozzarella
- ¼ cup garlic butter
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook until browned and juices are evaporated. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add butter, onions, and mushrooms. Cook until softened and caramelized. Add mustard and mix to coat. Pour in beef stock and stir to combine. Stir in sour cream and steak. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut slider buns in half and lay in a deep sheet pan. Top with 12 slices of mozzarella, stroganoff mix letting the sauce drain. (Reserve remaining sauce) Top with remaining slices of mozzarella and finally the top of the buns. Brush the buns with garlic butter and heat in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted. Cover with foil if the tops start to get too hard.
- Dip in remaining sauce and enjoy!
- Close up of a cheesesteak