Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies
Have your cheesecake and your cookie too.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
FOR THE COOKIES
- 2½ Sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375º and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make cheesecake filling: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and salt in a small bowl. Mix well until mixture is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until slightly firm, about 30 minutes.
- Make cookie dough: Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly beat in vanilla extract and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter-sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Make cookies: Scoop about a tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten into a flat, pancake-like circle. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the cheesecake filling in the center. Form another tablespoon of cookie dough into a flat circle and place on top of filling. Pinch the edges together to seal, then roll the filled dough into a ball.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.