This is a great emergency meal OR carb + veg side for all those times when your cupboards are bare except for broccoli, pasta, and some kind of cheese. It’s saucy without using tons of oil, and there’s loads of sub options. Quick and utterly scrumptious – loaded with tons of broccoli!
Asparagus Casserole in a creamy Alfredo sauce topped with crisp cheesy bread crumbs. This asparagus bake is easy and impressive.
These 3-ingredient Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus make a delicious side dish or a great addition to your charcuterie platter!
- 2½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ cups (12 oz.) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 pound processed cheese (such as Velveeta), cubed
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as Rotel), undrained
- Place potatoes and bay leaf in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium, and simmer until tender, 23 to 25 minutes. Drain well in a colander; discard bay leaf. Return potatoes to pot. While still very hot, mash potatoes to a smooth consistency. Stir in butter and salt using a potato masher or whisk.
- While potatoes boil, microwave cheese and tomatoes in a large microwavable bowl on HIGH 3 minutes. Stir well. Continue microwaving on HIGH until cheese is melted, 30 to 60 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Swirl cheese mixture into mashed potatoes; serve immediately.