Carne Asada Fries
Carne Asada Fries recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
OVEN-BAKED FRENCH FRIES
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (120 mL)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (60 mL)
- ½ lb flank steak (225 g)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese (50 g)
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- fresh cilantro leaves
- cotija cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and paprika until each fry is fully coated.
- Place the fries on the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the fries are crispy and golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine the salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, garlic, cilantro, orange juice, and lime juice. Add the flank steak and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet with the canola oil over medium heat. Cook the steak for 3 minutes on both sides for medium-cooked steak. Remove the steak and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes dice the steak.
- In an ovenproof skillet, place the baked french fries, Pepper Jack cheese, and diced carne asada, then broil until the cheese is melted.
- Before serving, top with sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and grated cotija cheese.
Watch the recipe video here:
Holy guacamole! These carne asade fries are amazing ?Full Recipe: https://tasty.co/recipe/carne-asada-fries
Posted by Tasty on Wednesday, September 19, 2018