Yields: 16 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr 45 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 55 Mins
This is the BEST Bolognese Sauce Recipe, and it’s easy to make. It’s a staple in my home, I make a big batch and have meals for several nights.
- In a deep heavy saute pan, sauté pancetta until fat melts.
- Add butter, onions, celery and carrots and cook on medium-low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Increase flame to medium-high, add meat, season with salt and pepper and sauté until browned.
- Add wine, cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer covered on low, at least 1-1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add half & half and parsley, cook 2 minutes longer.