Blueberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
These little guys are way easier to make than traditional cheesecake, with an added crunch that you never realized you were missing.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
FOR BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- 2½ c. Walmart Fresh blueberries
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
FOR CHEESECAKE MIXTURE
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Make blueberry sauce: In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine blueberries, lemon juice, and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook until thick and jammy, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Make cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and kosher salt until fully combined.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and spoon approximately 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture into a line in the center. Top with a heaping spoonful of blueberry sauce. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour enough oil to reach 1" up the side of skillet. Heat until oil starts to bubble when a drop of water is added. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.