Bacon Burger Wellington
From the "more is more files," we bring you the positively overstuffed Bacon Burger Wellington.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 burger patties
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, cut into quarters
- 2 sheets puff pastry, halved
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Lettuce and tomato, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide burger patties in half and place 4 cheese squares in between each half patty. Seal sides and cook in a cast-iron pan on medium-high heat until medium rare. Remove from heat and set aside while you prepare the Wellington wraps.
- Lay out a puff pastry rectangle and place a burger in the center. Top with mustard and wrap the bacon around the burger. Remove excess puff pastry and fold dough around the wrapped burger, forming a tightly sealed package. Seal sides with egg wash and top with sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining burgers. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until puff pastry is golden. Let rest for 5 minutes, and serve with lettuce, tomatoes and your favorite condiments.