Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings
This soup is comfort food at its finest.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1¼ lb. Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp. oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish optional)
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- To the bowl of a large slow cooker, add onion in an even layer in the bottom of the bowl and place Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts on top. Add oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup and chicken broth on top then add the thyme and bay leaf. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Discard thyme and bay leaf, then shred the cooked chicken with two forks. Stir in celery, carrots, peas and garlic.
- Cut biscuits into small pieces. Top the chicken mixture with the biscuits and cook on high for another hour, until the vegetables are tender and the biscuits are cooked through and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170° F.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
Crock-Pot Chicken & Dumplings is comfort food at its easiest. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/r4pHPex
Posted by Delish on Sunday, November 26, 2017