Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 35 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
This easy Crustless Quiche Lorraine with bacon and Gruyere is a lighter take on the classic, made lighter without the crust.
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Spray a pie dish with oil.
- Cook the bacon: Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Arrange strips of bacon in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly cook the bacon, turning the strips over occasionally until they are nicely browned then lay the cooked strips on a paper towel, chop the cooked bacon crosswise into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces.
- Evenly spread the bacon in the dish and top it evenly with the grated gruyere cheese.
- Make the custard mixture by whisking together the milk, half and half, eggs, salt, black pepper, and the nutmeg.
- Pour the custard into the dish and top with chives, bake 35 minutes, until the center is set.
- Cut the quiche into 6 pieces and serve.