Take your taste buds on a trip to South America with this delicious Provoleta burger made with mouthwatering Uruguayan ground beef from Verde Farms! Learn more at www.verdefarms.com/tasty.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pound Verde Farms Organic Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices provolone cheese, cut ½ inch thick
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Brioche burger buns, toasted
- Salsa Verde
- 3 cups cilantro, thick bottom stems cut off
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- To make the salsa verde, add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until it becomes a smooth sauce, scraping down the sides periodically. Pour sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix ground beef with salt and pepper. Divide into thirds and shape each third into a burger.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet with a drizzle of vegetable oil. When hot, add the burgers. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Move skillet to oven and cook for 5 minutes. Remove burgers from oven and place on the buns.
- Turn oven broiler on. Place slices of cheese in a cast-iron baking dish. Sprinkle with dried oregano and red pepper flakes. Broil for 2–3 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, until top of cheese starts to brown and melt. Remove from oven and transfer cheese onto the burgers.
- Place a big spoonful of salsa verde on top of the cheese and add a few slices of red onion. Place the top bun on top and serve!