Pork Chops in Sherry-Mushroom Gravy
Comfort food at its best! Quick, easy, and delicious pork chops that are perfect for a weeknight supper.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (1-inch thick) boneless pork chops
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup dry cooking sherry
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and coat in flour. Brown pork chops on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes, and transfer to a baking dish.
- Melt butter in the same frying pan and cook mushrooms until tender, scraping the bottom of the pan, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushroom soup and sherry; stir gravy until well incorporated.
- Pour gravy over pork chops in the baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chops are no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil, stir gravy, and top pork chops with mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the hot oven and bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes more.