Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumb
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup maple syrup, or dark corn syrup
- ½ cup cream, warm to the touch
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 cups roasted pecan, chopped
- whole roasted pecan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan and press it evenly into the bottom and halfway up the sides. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, and milk. With a hand mixer, beat until fluffy and fully incorporated.
- Add in the sour cream, flour, 2 teaspoons of the vanilla extract, and the two eggs and gently continue to mix until the cream cheese filling is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan with the graham cracker crust and bake for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake no longer jiggles.
- While the cheesecake is cooking, prepare the stove-top pecan pie filling.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt, stir together and pour into a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Pour in the egg yolks, maple syrup, and warm cream and whisk until smooth.
- Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens like a pudding, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cold butter and the final teaspoon of vanilla extract and whisk until fully emulsified. The pudding-like mixture should be around room temperature.
- Fold in the roasted, chopped pecans and then pour the mixture over the cooked cheesecake and spread it out as an even layer.
- If you like, sprinkle with extra chopped pecans or garnish with whole pecans.
- Let the cheesecake chill in the refrigerator until completely set.
- Slice and serve cold or at room temperature.