Mini Chili Pot Pies
You’ve never had chili like this before! Your two favorite winter comfort foods—pot pie and chili—join forces in this super-easy recipe. Homemade stovetop chili gets divided into eight individual ramekins and topped with Pillsbury™ biscuits, then brushed with honey butter and cornmeal for the tastiest personal serving of chili and biscuits you’ll ever try. Perfect for fun family dinners or football viewing parties!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chili beans (pinto beans with chili peppers, onion and garlic in a zesty tomato sauce), undrained
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle refrigerated Original biscuits
- 4 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place 8 (8- to 10-oz) ramekin cups on large rimmed baking pan.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Add diced tomatoes, chili beans, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper to beef in skillet. Heat to simmering; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until bubbling and slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Divide chili mixture evenly among cups.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 15 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in honey. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; place one on top of each ramekin. Brush tops of biscuits liberally with melted butter mixture; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake 21 to 26 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
Watch the recipe video here:
You’ve never had chili like this before!Mini Chili Pot Pies recipe:…