Cheesy Salami and Sour Cream Jacket Potatoes
Turn baked potatoes into decadent mega-delicious food by boldly stuffing them with all sorts of goodies. Bring to the table cheddar, salami, a velvety sour cream mixture, and a gooey mozzarella for the topping.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 6 medium potatoes
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 small spring onion, chopped
- 4 ounces of cheddar, cut into 18 discs 1 - 1.5 inches each
- 4 ounces of salami, sliced into 18 pieces
- 1 cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
- Place one potato on the work surface. Cut off one of its ends just enough so that it can rest in a standing position. Do the same for the other 5 potatoes, then fit them cut side down into the cups of a 6-cupped muffin pan.
- Coat them with melted butter, then bake for 30 at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the sour cream and spring onion to a bowl. Season with pepper and mix until even.
- Place the potato pan on the work surface. Cut off their upper-end caps. Scoop the pulp out from them using a tablespoon and leaving a ½-inch thick wall and bottom. You can discard the scooped out pulp or use it for anything else.
- Equally, distribute the sour cream mixture between the potatoes. Fit 3 cheddar discs and 3 salami slices, alternately stacked one over the other, inside each potato.
- Top with grated mozzarella and bake for 10 at 360⁰F/180⁰C.