Deep Fried Burger Fries
Burger and fries are so last century. The future belongs to these incredibly crisp deep fried burger fries.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped pickles
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups panko
- For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep pan, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add beef, cheese, pickles, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Using your hands, form onto a skewer approximately 2 to 3 inches long. Refrigerate for 10 to 20 minutes.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, and season with salt and pepper. Dip the cold beef sticks into the batter then roll in the panko.
- Prior to frying, remove the stick. Fry in batches until golden and crispy.
- For the aioli, mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Serve fries with aioli and enjoy.
Watch the recipe video here:
Burger and fries are so last century. THESE are the future.Full Recipe: taste.md/2ufz9b0
Posted by Tastemade on Monday, February 12, 2018