Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
- Heat a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over high heat. (If your pot is not heavy, the sauce may burn.)
- When hot add the beef and salt and cook, breaking up about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, black pepper, water and basil and stir, add the spaghetti, making sure the liquid covers everything without stirring.
- Cover and cook medium-low heat (do not open) until the water is absorbed and the pasta is cooked, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with grated cheese if desired!